1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General People app newb question coming from Desire to GNex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bully74uk, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    Wiltshire, UK
    Hello all

I am 2 days into my GNex after coming from an original desire (which was rooted running LeeDroid) and my first impressions of this handset are very very positive.

I am desperately trying to get my head around ICS and no doubt will have many questions along the way.

The first of which is:

I have seen you tube videos of the people app where it shows a grid view of contact pictures which when clicked on show status updates for that person from facebook etc. this you tube video for example: ePrice Android 4 0 ICS on Galaxy Nexus People App ????? - YouTube

Im sure there is a simple reason why but I can't seem to access this function from within the people app. The star tab takes me to frequently contacted which is simply a list of people I have called/texted.

Can someone please tell me where im going wrong ?

Regards,

Bully.

Advertisement

2. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Hey good to see you and welcome to the forums. What they were showing you is if you go to you contacts. Then when your looking at them,at the top you see 3options. A group of people, one person(which is what good probably looking at) and the star. You want to slide over to the left one. Its the one that looks like a group of people from there you want to go to the and change your options. Hit the three dots, settings, then view contacts as and change that option. Basically you will be able to view you "phones circles" like friends, family etc. Hope .. this helped and forgive any errors in my typing I an using a new keyboard app

3. andyandroid81891

andyandroid81891 Well-Known Member
    None

May 5, 2010
    The OP seems to be referring to the updates tab which the person in the video gets to by swiping to the left while in a contact file. This feature does not seem to exist in my VZW GNexus.

Tags: