1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "People" app won't read in any FB contacts - says there are zero

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Croila, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Croila

Croila Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Edinburgh
    Hi, I've been trawling the net all day looking for answers to my contacts problem on my HTC Hero but nothing has worked, so I'm really hoping some kind person on here can help!

I completely wiped my entire phone the other day and put it back to the "proper" most up-to-date ROM from HTC. The current details now are:

• Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    • Software number: 3.36.405.1
    • Build number: 3.36.405.1 CL199109 release-keys
    • Kernel version: 2.6.29-7527f009 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

However, now my "people" app can't seem to draw in my Facebook contacts which is driving me nuts. I have about 250 contacts on Facebook and up until I updated the software on my phone the other day, they all synched and linked up nicely with my Google contacts, just the way they should.

Now when I go into the "people" app and press menu-->view, it tells me I have 217 Google contacts (which is correct) and 0 Facebook contacts which is most certainly NOT correct.

The weird thing is, when I open the "photos" gallery app and open the Facebook photos section, all my contacts' photo galleries are in there. So HTC Sense is doing part of the job it should do.

I've tried the all these steps several times but nothing's worked:

1. Flushed HTC Sense for Facebook's cache
    2. Reinstalled Facebook app
    3. Gone into menu-->settings-->accounts & synch and synched "Facebook for HTC Sense" about a million times. After a minute or two I just get an error message saying
    4. Gone into FB on the computer and deleted the HTC Sense for Facebook permission, and then logged into HTC Sense for Facebook on the phone again
    5. Sometimes getting error message: "Sorry! The process com.htc.bgp has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Force close"

I'm now thinking the only way out of this may be to root the phone and put a new ROM on it. Which sounds terrifyingly difficult and horribly complicated! But if that's what it takes ...

Has anyone got any advice please? I've seen so many things on the net about this problem when Android 2.1 was rolled out over a year ago but none of the fixes work for me!

Many thanks in advance for any help
    :)

Advertisement

2. Croila

Croila Lurker
    None

Jul 4, 2011
    Edinburgh
    Ohhh! How peculiar!

An hour later, the first 100 of my Facebook contacts magically seem now to have slipped into my contacts "people" app, automagically.

What on earth is going on here?!

Tags: