• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help People Can't Hear Me

four2vero

Lurker
Aug 29, 2014
Hello. I have an S3 which I love but have started having problems with it for the last 3 months. Out of nowhere, people began complaining that they couldn't hear me. The problem started getting worse and sometimes I couldn't hear the other person. Sometimes the phone would shut itself off. I have been hung up on many times during extremely important conversations. It has become an absolute nightmare as this is my only phone and I have to say. "hello" over and over again until the sound phases back in.

I took the phone in to TMobile and they told me to call it in. The sound phased in and out and the TMobile rep decided to overnight me a new phone. This is of course after having to argue with them because they wanted me to buy a new phone.

The new phone came in the next day and the same thing happened. The phone calls phased in and out more often than the last phone. It happened on every call that day. I called TMobile again and they once again told me just to buy a new phone even though this one had just come in 4 hours ago. After arguing again, they decided to send me a another phone which should be arriving soon.

I googled S3 and "people can't hear me" and tons of hits came up. It seems to be a big problem with all the Galaxy series. The associate at TMobile even told me that her brand new S5 had to be returned the next day because she had the same problem out of the box. TMobile reps refuse to admit that there is a problem with the software or hardware. I tried everything I found on online sites - unclick reduce noise reduction, checking mute, everything...

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm prepared for this third phone to have the same issue at this point and can't afford a new one. I have a feeling that the phone Samsung sent was refurbished since it didn't come in a brand new box, hence why it had the same exact problem as the original phone. My phone was in perfect condition and well taken care of - no damage. Can it be a software issue and can it be fixed. Is there anything else I can try?

I apologize in advance for the length of this post, but I am at my wit's end and haven't been able to find a solution elsewhere. I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Veronica

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones