1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

People/Contacts app: confusion with multiple GMail accounts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Argelius1, May 5, 2012.

1. Argelius1

Argelius1 Newbie
    None

May 3, 2012
    Chicago,IL
    I'm an Android Newbie giving it a try (while having used iPhones for years).

In the People (Contacts) app, multiple groups are showing up associated with each of my four GMail accounts even though I have only one account set to sync Contacts. Is this just working as designed?

Stated another way, I only want Contacts synced from my primary GMail account. However, the People app shows groups associated with each of my GMail accounts (which all of zero entries). Just a messy interface.

Thanks.

FYI Running ICS on Google Galaxy Nexus

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Um, what device do you have? It would help us to help you if you listed it in your profile.

You can always remove the other gmail accounts to see if they go away, then add them back and be sure that they only sync the email side of it, and nothing else.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Menu>Settings>Accounts and Sync>go to secondary Gmail>uncheck contacts

4. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 29, 2012
    Male
    Also, try hitting settings in your contacts app and see if it says something like "Contacts to display". I just discovered this a few weeks ago. All of my FB contacts were showing up and it annoyed the heck out of me. It's much better now.

Edit: actually, what chanchan wrote is what you'll want to do in your case. But the way I said above might be helpful in other instances.