1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

People/Contacts List With Facebook-Force Close.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 30, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

I have to say that this default Application is truly simple and easy to deal with, and that makes it all the more significant in my view. However, I am running into an odd problem, and I would like to see if anyone has had the same experience, and/or could offer their assistance in this matter.

I have linked all of my contacts to their FB profiles, and all seems to work extremely well. However, for reasons beyond my understanding, when I attempt to click on the "Album" icon (To view the photographs of a FB Friend), this App. always makes me go through a "Force Close". This ONLY happens with ONE of my contacts though, as with every other contact I still retain the ability to view their FB Photo Albums. I was thinking that the one contact in question here, possibly has too many photographs for this App. to handle(?), but I can get it to work on a very rare occasion despite such.

I would really like to hear from folks in regard to this issue, because it's puzzling, and somewhat irritating.

BTW, I have rebooted, and I have also taken the particular FB profile off of my contact list, and then re-applied it (All to no avail).

Here is the error message:

"Sorry!

The process android.process.
    acore has stopped
    unexpectedly. Please try again.

[Force Close]"

2. The Dark Knight

I would just like to give this thread a bump, to see if anyone has anything to add.

3. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast

Happens to me too, mate, and it's downright annoying.

HTC Customer Service is not very helpful, they suggested I should reinstall the latest ROM for my phone and that it will, quote, "hopefully" help.

4. jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43 Android Enthusiast

hmmm, i've never had this problem...but i haven't looked at every contact i've linked to facebook. how many do you have linked in your people? just curious.

5. robogo

robogo Android Enthusiast

The Facebook app was recently updated, check Android Market for downloads.

I've noticed some improvements, including stability ones.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews