1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General People Edge changing circle color

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rose4uKy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Kentucky
    When I 1st set up my people edge I was on a setting and I don't know how I got there but I could change the color of the circle for people. Now I don't know how to get back there. I googled it and it said for the 6 edge it's under contacts to change the color of the circle and I didn't see it.

I originally had a different question about notifications but than it started doing what I wanted it to do. I didnt know how to delete my thread so I changed it to a different question. Their may be an edge thread for configuring the edge I need to look. Also when I get a text it vibrates also and I only want it to vibrate if the sound is muted is their a setting for that in the regular messaging app?

Advertisement

#1 Rose4uKy, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    bIOforger likes this.
  2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Here's how you change the color around the people on people edge: –
    Pull the people edge open.
    At the bottom left-hand side tap on gear icon.
    On the people edge panel, tap on pencil icon (at the bottom)
    Tap on My people.
    In the window that opens, tap on the color circle to the right of the name.

iSHEEN714 and Rose4uKy like this.
  3. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Kentucky
    OMG Thank you so much it was the pencil. I knew I stumbled across it yesterday and had changed a color but it was by accident I found the setting. And I had 2 people the same color and it was bugging me. So maybe you can answer one more question. Does our phone do what the 6 edge does where you can lay it over and it lights up colors? And if it does is it just for those 5 circle people and is it the same color as a circle or is their settings for that also? Cause when I google stuff about it it takes me to the 6 edge and I didn't see it under the settings it's under for the 6 edge. But anyway thank you very much!

Edit: If it does light up when turning it over I am guessing you wouldn't see it if phones in a case right? I don't need to use that I just wanted to try it if it was their.

#3 Rose4uKy, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    It does that and thanks to the Edge curves, you should be able to see it in most if not all cases.There is no separate setting for the colors, but the colors will follow the circle colors. It's actually pretty cool

5. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Kentucky
    Thanks this is weird but I googled it the other day and it came up for the 6 edge and said go under settings and edge settings which I did I must be blind cause I don't remember seeing lighting but last night when I googled and found this whole tips and tricks on this phone I went back to settings and found it and mine was already defaulted to on I guess when I got the phone. But I turned my phone over and had my husband text me and I didn't see it through my symmetry case I could see my screen turn on but I didn't see his color light up. I'll have to do it again but thank you! I think this phone is too cool! Wish I could add a couple more to my circle though.

6. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Android Expert
    None

May 6, 2010
    Kentucky
    Well my friend texted me I had it turned over I saw the yellow light now it was cool! I love this phone.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.