1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support People Groups Out of Order

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kiyasdad, Jul 10, 2011.

1. kiyasdad

kiyasdad Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    Since the update, the contacts in my Groups are out of order...Alphabetically speaking. In the 'ALL' view, the contacts are fine. My online Gmail Contact Groups are fine. Just the ones on my Evo are messed up.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the order, just like someone threw all the contacts on the floor and picked them back up randomly. Of course this makes it a real pain to find a contact quickly. I know there are Apps that will let me do this, but due to the extra memory they take up ....I would really prefer to fix the native Contact App. I haven't been able to find a way to Re-Sort the contacts, anyone know of a way?

Advertisement

2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert
    None

wrong post

3. kiyasdad

kiyasdad Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    Care to elaborate?

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    have you rebooted since then? also you could try a program called myphoneexplorer. it has two parts, part one client is for phone part two is for computer. the program can sync info between phone and computer so even if you have to manually fix them you can do it on computer.

5. kiyasdad

kiyasdad Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2010

Yes, I've rebooted several times. I haven't Reset to Factory Defaults, trying to avoid doing that as I don't have the time right now to get everything back in place. I even tried deleting a group, and then recreating it and the contacts in it.

Thanks for the program suggestion, but I use Gmail to backup and maintain my contacts since I'm on the road so much. I have installed other phone contact Apps to check and see if the problem transferred....it did not. For instance, GO Contacts showed the correct order in my Contacts Groups. The problem seems to be limited to the Android/HTC People App.

One Note....Under the Group Name, it says "Member View"....Is there another type of "View"?

6. skarg

skarg Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Software Engineer and Electronics Engineer
    Birmingham
    I have the same problem with Groups listed in some kind of random order on my HTC Evo. The order seems to be sorted by least-used to most-used. I have yet to find a setting to fix it, and have started with a fresh phone (after mine was stolen) and it didn't fix it.

Tags: