• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People waiting for backordered EVO, raise you hand.

I agree with Crodley. My guess is that they are fixing some problems - and I'll gladly wait for them to do so. I am ready for my EVO too, but I don't want version 1.0 problems. That is precisely why I didn't get one on release day.

You wait, Apple will have the same problem with the new iPhone - lot's of orders, and no phones. I have been through this with them more than once.

Relax and have a cocktail. You're phone will be in before you know it!

Apple is already having huge problems with the new ios4 I guess its been nothing short of a huge failure and the multitasking is a joke. Nothing is perfect but for the money we are spending for these phones we expect and should get near perfection.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with "my Sprint guy" and he said they got official word that Sprint Is not going to see another shipment until mid. July.

Now he was not clear if that meant Sprint in general or just his location but in any case I know I won't have one for a couple of weeks more.

How reliable is this source ?
If this is true, I am done. The Evo seems like a great phone, but I have too much anxiety about this right now, so
I have to let it go.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... sounds like a bit of an overhaul may be in order. Still, I can wait. I'd rather have it right, than just "have it".

Just got off the phone with "my Sprint guy" and he said they got official word that Sprint Is not going to see another shipment until mid. July.

Now he was not clear if that meant Sprint in general or just his location but in any case I know I won't have one for a couple of weeks more.

Upvote 0
Redwingsfan I am a sprint premier cust and what I did was just went to bestbuy and they activated the phone for me, change my plan, and I was on my way. They didnt even charge me an activation fee either and I dont have to deal with sprint mail in rebate which is BS. Its easy. Just call BestBuy Mobile and they will help u.

Upvote 0
I've been on 2 sprint store lists since the 11th. I've called to check on the status. They both asked, "new line or upgrade".

My guess is that if you are trying to upgrade or buy out right, you are given lowest priority, which makes complete "business sense", but just shows Sprints true colors.

If they are truly not doing this, there would be no reason to ask that question.

Upvote 0
well i got my evo on launch day and the other day the speaker blew somehow and radioshack don't have it and has no clue when they can get it so sprint noted my account so i don't have to pay or have to deal with anything since its under the 30day warranty stuff or whatever and radioshack put me on the infamous list and will call me when one is available for me. hopefully its soon cause the speaker being blown absolutely sucks cause my ring tones and everything sound like crap and is completely annoying!!!!

Upvote 0
...and now the stores are getting 2 or three at a time...

I know you have it right, at least here. The call I got from Sprint Corporate earlier today indicated that my store got 4 in today. I am/was around #30 on their list. If they're getting 4 at a time it is going to be a while, but I'll wait patiently for one that works well.

Upvote 0
For those of you who read my earlier post about the phone call I got from Sprint here is the email that followed it about a half an hour later. The names & numbers have been changed to protect the innocent:

"Dear Mr. X,

Thank you for contacting Dan@Sprint.com. Thank you for your concern on
the inventory for the HTC EVO 4G phone. We understand your frustration
concerning the HTC EVo 4G phone not being available at this time;
however we are working very diligently with HTC to increase inventory in
all sales channels. I contacted 2 stores in your service area to provide
them with your contact information. Both stores advised me that they
will contact you as soon as the phone becomes available. I provided you
with the 1-800-Sprint1 number to check the inventory status for the HTC
EVo 4G, and you stated that you were very grateful for that information.
We appreciate your patience and we know that you will be very satisfied
with the HTC EVO 4g. If you have any questions or concerns I can be
reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX. I am available Monday- Friday 9:00 a.m.- 5:30
p.m. EST.

Thank you for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business."

Upvote 0
I went into Sams club by me in Pasco FL and they had some and best deal around! Got EVO for $199 and a $40 credit on my phone bill which showed up in a few days on my bill! Plus free activation for it to save again $36 bucks or so as I add a line on my data plan to do it. Had a Hero and gave to daughter and got me EVO and swapped #'s.
If a Sams club near you you can just tell door greater your going to cell phone kiosk and go right in and see if have them and same deal I got last week. Great deal and had phone in stock at mine. Best buy and Sprint both had back orders at that time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones