1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

People Widget reverts names

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rainbow Snake, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Rainbow Snake

Rainbow Snake Active Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Okay this is more of a niggle, but hey ...

It's been fun going linking up all my email and phone contacts, and it turns out some friends have 6+ sets of details I've linked together.

Some have slightly different names listed on different details, and I know how you can go into the contact and click on the name to set the one you want.

There's a few people with google accounts that list their name with surname first like: "Rubble, Barney". I go into those accounts and pick "Barney Rubble" as the name to use. Widget looks fine for a while, but next time it updates (from facebook I think) it changes all those names back to the Surname first format.

This is annoying because I refer to my friends by their names, not by their surnames. It also moves them around on the contact list/widget.

Advertisement

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Cheshire, UK
    I noticed this as well when I was first setting mine up. I think I got round it by going into my Google Contacts and merging the contacts that repeat.

If you tick a few contacts you should see the option to Merge them in the right-panel.

Obviously just makes sure the single contact that remains is displayed how you want.

Tags: