1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

People with Extended battery(thicker than stock) battery meter

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MDbandit, Jul 27, 2010.

1. MDbandit

MDbandit Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Something is way wrong with the battery meter on the EVO. Is it programmed to only recognized the stock battery? I saw this because when i received my 3500seidio i ran it down, then gassed it up to full(unplug, charge, unplug, charge again ect) Then i even erased the battery stats in recovery

So the meter seemed to be accurate as I drained it again just to see how long the battery would last (got about 10 hours of hard usage, 4G wide open, wifi off, to drain battery). So then i got to charging it back up: In about 32min its at 50%, which i know impossible. Then about 38 more minutes later, it says 100% full (basically 3500mah got charged in lil over an hour?) . Of course too good to be true so i disconnected the charger and 30 seconds later it dropped down to 80% !!!! My point being, if im not there to see it hit 100%(which is when the phone will not charge anymore even tho its on the charger and will use the battery to power phone right?) then I will never be able to get a full charge. LIke why cant the meter simply tell me exactly how much juice is left in the battery? I had the sedio 2600mah for my Pre and next had a meeter problem. This EVO meter is OC! I mean why do i have to let it charge to 100, then disconnect, and keep reconnecting to get it to be a real 100? thats ridicoulous. I thought we would only have to recondition the phone once. I cant do this everything. Somethiing needs to be done

It seems like the only way i can get it to fully charge without the multiple charge,unplug,charge is to turn the phone off, and let it charge for a couple hours or whatever. When it turns green its at like 97% which is good. Because its a true 97 and wont drop down immediately to 80 or something

Advertisement

2. hodedofome

hodedofome Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Use the charger that came with the battery.

Tags: