1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

People with SanDisk 64GB cards: please help me, may have received second bad card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackdubl, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

I would like to know how everyone's card works. I just got a replacement card, formatted in phone, loaded some files on. Now, if I try to delete the files, either on my phone or computer, the deleted files reappear after I disconnect and remount the card. If I format again on phone, it formats but then gives an error message that card is blank or has unsupported files on it. Then if I remount the card the same files are still there. I basically CANNOT delete the contents of the card using any method. The first card I received from the seller had similar but not the same problems, and they told me SanDisk had recalled that batch and was sending out replacements. This is the replacement. It leaves the impression that these cards just don't operate smoothly like the old 32GB cards do. I have a Sandisk 32GB card and it works without incident.

So people using SanDisk 64GB cards, do they work? Do they have any quirks at all? I want to buy another one(from a different seller), but I am in a place where I just don't think they work at the moment, or else this highly rated seller is selling phony cards, which I find hard to believe. Also, for those that find they operate basically the same as the 32GB cards, where did you buy?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

My bad...continue

3. jackdubl

jackdubl Android Expert

4. GSBJackson

GSBJackson Newbie

Mine works fine... Purchased from Bestbuy.com

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews