• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help percentage battery icon?

I am glad you are lovin' your Vivid. I think mine is amazing too!

I am not sure if you can set the stock battery icon to display on the status bar, because I always download/install one of the many that are available in the Google Play Store. I find that the HTC stock battery icons aren't as accurate as most of the ones that you can install from Play Store.

Reactions: dave begue
Upvote 0
Would you mind recommending a play store app for a status bar battery indicator? I've tried battery HD and all I can get it to do is put a percentage number up on the left side of the status bar, but it doesn't change the original battery icon. Thanks!

The only way you can change the stock battery icon is to use a custom Rom or a rooted phone

Reactions: dave begue
Upvote 0
aww shucks I was afraid of that... ima skeered to mess up my new phone still. rooting n stuff seems pretty complex - guess i will keep reading! :thinking:

wonder if I should try rooting.... I was able to do it on my Optimus V, but I never had to use my computer or adb or anything. Are you guys rooted? Was it very difficult?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones