• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Percentage of faulty handsets

your handset is....

• working well, no real dramas.

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • had a few dramas, but most likely to be sorted with an update.

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • had major issues, had to be replaced/sent back

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
Im curious as too just how many handsets are duds and how many are working well.

cheers.

i think you would've gotten better/easier to read results if this had been a poll :p

from what i understand, though, Samsung has good quality control so there should be a normal amount...whatever the normal percentage is typically with handsets.

but i think i've seen 2 people on here or something that got bad screens that had a yellow tint or something on them

Upvote 0
daym your quick!...still editting it...done now

haha sorry. i sorta live on the forums these days :p
when i get mine in i'll be sure to do extensive testing and let you know with a vote of my own

edit: also, those of you with issues, if you could also please post what your issues are that would help the rest of us with looking for stuff. thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm also in the 'all's well and everything working fine' group. Battery now settled too after the first couple of charges and now a comfy 3 days out of each, and i would say i'm an average user. I'm really impressed, in fact my only 'issue', if you can call it that has been no notification led, but i have downloaded noled for that. I was a bit mystified about the Wi-Fi Sharing appearing, but i un-ticked everything in the All-Share widget and it doesn't seem to occur anymore?! <said with fingers crossed!!>

Upvote 0
Mines fine, haven't done updates cause they're not my thing (if it ain't broke, don't fix it etc)

+1. i havent even considered updating mine. seems to be working fine to be honest :). one thing... not sure if its just me but... around the phone it seems like dust can get in...look closely. compared to the sensation which i think is a clean finish all around the phone
:p :p

Upvote 0
No problems. My screen has a scratch but that's not a handset problem, it just means that gorilla glass isn't all it's cracked up to be.

lol i see what you did there :D

+1. i havent even considered updating mine. seems to be working fine to be honest :). one thing... not sure if its just me but... around the phone it seems like dust can get in...look closely. compared to the sensation which i think is a clean finish all around the phone
:p :p

i remember either reading something about space around the phone or hearing it in a review but i haven't seen anyone actually say there's dust under the screen or anything. will def be something i keep an eye on.

Upvote 0
well I'm currently on my third handset, two have been replaced.

First one I scratched up (eventho I carried it in a pouch), later turned out was my bling bling ring on my index finger :p , so went to o2 store and told them it overheated and whatnot and got a replacement.

Must have been karma cause the second one I got, I slapped a screen protector on but it had some flickering issues..especially on white background and low-brightness (30%) it had some severe flickering issues, lines all across the screen. O2 replaced it for me again.

Now on my third handset seems perfect. Case and screen protecor, no flickering...happy bunny so far!

Upvote 0
finally got mine from fedex. got up early this morning and had to drive 30min to get it. not sure why they couldn't have left it at a closer facility but whatever.

so far i'm very happy with it though. screen is amazing. it's very snappy and everything is working great that i can tell. will do more extensive testing to make sure but i'm pretty positive i got a good one :)

Upvote 0
play HD games and feel the heat. its terrible not even a faulty handset... its a common problem :(

i own a high end PC... Quad-core... two 560 Ti in SLI... etc
it gets warm when i play a game.

it's not a problem when a phone gets warm when doing something similar. it's expected. you're stressing that CPU and GPU.

to my point, though. if every handset is doing this, wouldn't this be considered the norm for our phones? i believe this thread is for issues that are not supposed to happen with our particular device.

how warm is everyone's getting? too warm to hold? scolding hot?
mine is certainly not.

Upvote 0
i own a high end PC... Quad-core... two 560 Ti in SLI... etc
it gets warm when i play a game.

it's not a problem when a phone gets warm when doing something similar. it's expected. you're stressing that CPU and GPU.

to my point, though. if every handset is doing this, wouldn't this be considered the norm for our phones? i believe this thread is for issues that are not supposed to happen with our particular device.

how warm is everyone's getting? too warm to hold? scolding hot?
mine is certainly not.

True. It's something that needs to be "fixed" on everything. This are advancing at an INCREDIBLE pace, and the cooling tech, can't keep up. It's easy for a PC - you can stick a great big fan in it. A phone just dissipates the heat and there's not much else you can do about it.

Just thinking what the Kal-El will be like. Hand-warmer anyone?

Upvote 0
Whats the WiFi issue people are having?

i have no clue. i get two bars in the other room just like my old Evo when i had it running CM7. now, this doesn't necessarily mean i get the exact same signal strength even though it's displaying the same, but i can say that i was downloading stuff just fine and it never disconnected anywhere inside the house.

Upvote 0
My first one was turning off on it's own requiring a battery pull, and the reception was up and down like a yo yo, poor wi fi reception, and laggy homescreen, and slow to wake.

This new one, seems to be fine. Reception is fine, wakes in a second, no lock screen slowness, and i'll know if its turning off again in a few weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones