• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root perception rom?

pqrs

Sep 26, 2010
[ROM]Perception Build 5 (aka Cognadian Bacon) - xda-developers

so i just installed it and so far so good! phone is working well, fast, and the gps is as good as its ever been! i dont care for the start up samsung screen, i liked the simple S better.... but ohh well.
my only real complaint.... no sywpe keyboard? is there any way to install it?
i was just getting used to it, and i kinda like it!
this rom would seem near perfect if it had swype...
cool fonts too!
for those interested it scored 22** on quadrant.. i had to check! lol.. 2.3b6 got 17** that rom killed my gps.

so any info on getting swype installed would be much appreciated!

I flashed it yesterday and I cant make my earphone work. I cant use it for changing my music and cant pick up calls or listen to them.

Is anyone else having same problem? I have 1000s of songs and i like to skip them using earphone button...and dont yes its good to take calls on it too...

Any help??

Upvote 0
flashed back to Cog2.3be....Perception 5 sucks....and we are playing with CPU to over clock it....

dont like it?
ive been pretty happy so far, aside from not having swype.. but im trying a couple others now, smart and slideit. both are pretty good!
what beta you go to? 2.3be?
ive liked this rome so far... i havnt found any reason to switch?

Upvote 0
dont like it?
ive been pretty happy so far, aside from not having swype.. but im trying a couple others now, smart and slideit. both are pretty good!
what beta you go to? 2.3be?
ive liked this rome so far... i havnt found any reason to switch?
if you download the link that says swype in the thread he made about it you can install it using rom manager, just do the install zip file just like you do to install the rom.

and i like perception better, it seems to run faster to me. ive just been using it since last night but i do like it

Upvote 0
for perception was fast, but earpieace not working...Big deal breaker for me...i use my ear piece heavily for skipping songs and taking calls....

Also I also think overclocking means forcing ur cpu to work something its not made for...and battery life sucked..i am sticking with Cog2.3b6
you can remove the overclock, i did and i actually underclocked it on top of that. my battery life is vastly improved and so far seems better than cognition, the battery % hardly ever moves. but i do see the earpiece being a deal breaker for some, my earphones dont have controls on them and are very good and i dont feel like replacing them so its not a big deal to me

Upvote 0
wired headset not working is huge deal breaker for me. I liked Perception over all and I know i would underclock the cpu. but why to play with something which I am not sure about. also you can underclock the CPU speed in Cog also right? if the battery is main problem.

@ Crimsonpride: What speed you put it on to?

Upvote 0
wired headset not working is huge deal breaker for me. I liked Perception over all and I know i would underclock the cpu. but why to play with something which I am not sure about. also you can underclock the CPU speed in Cog also right? if the battery is main problem.

@ Crimsonpride: What speed you put it on to?
i dont know if you can underclock cog or not. there in an app called voltage control you can get from xda, and i have it at certain speeds to where it can run slower. i got my settings from someones post in the perception forum at xda. i had to up the 100 and 200 mhz settings slightly, instead of -125mV i took it to -100mV as my phone would go into a coma if i played music and locked the screen. all is fine now. best battery life i have ever gotten. only problem is my settings reset when i reset the phone, the guy who built the app had a way to get it to stick i havent had time to do it though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones