1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General perfect time for me to switch from Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by irony, Jan 9, 2012.

1. irony

irony Newbie
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Returned my bum nexus that couldn't hold a signal , took blurry pictures , speaker was weak at best. Not mentioning the awesome screen had major banding.

Switched it for the rezound which has been much better for me.

Now here is the fun part.

Wait for it

I got a 100$ bucks back! Since the rezound was lowered to 199.

Better phone ,100 bucks cheaper....

All I can say is jump while you still can.

Advertisement

pragmatous likes this.
  2. youngzayiles

youngzayiles Member
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    No need to jump for me. Love my nexus and don't have any of those problems. Never get why people love to announce when they leave to start controversy.. Good luck to u.

3. CAMAN

CAMAN Member
    None

Dec 19, 2011
    Minnesota
    No need to jump for me either. Mine takes decent pictures(it's a cell phone, not a DSLR), rarely looses signal, has a loud speaker (unless pressed up against my leg in a pocket, but any phone will do that, and that is what vibrate is for), and zero screen banding. I love the Nexus, but good for you, going to an inferior(read cheaper) and bloated product.

Outatime and asmallchild like this.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    I love my Galaxy Nexus...its been a perfect phone for me.

Signal is not as good as my Droid X or my son's D2G, but it hasn't dropped a call and I'm really enjoying the flexibility of the unlocked bootloader.

Every device is going to have pros and cons compared to others and some folks will have different experiences and impressions.

I too have heard the Rezound is a great device, but I'm still very happy with my GNex :).

Cheers!

Mooem, Slug, Outatime and 5 others like this.
  5. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    Love mine as well. My issues are minor, and easy to live with, if there is no software fix for them. Happiest I've ever been with any phone. The Rezound is a good device too, I just like the Nexus better for my needs. Good luck to you...choice is a good thing, and it's nice to see that there are enough Android choices to please just about everyone.

Outatime and scary alien like this.
  6. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Industrial Electrician
    South Jersey
    The best part about the Nexus is that its native OS is ICS.:)

Outatime, quiklives and scary alien like this.
  7. jbdan

jbdan Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    Glad you found a phone that works for you enjoy your Rezound!

8. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    Dunno how that is a downgrade. Rezound is a really nice device.

scary wow man! I guess I've not really been around much. Last I saw you were a member, and how you're a moderator! :eek:

Congrats man, well deserved.

9. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2010
    "Fish dude" at PetSmart, Best Buy Mobile Sales Ass
    Much too far from the waves
    Other than the slightly decreased screen size, bloat ware and no ICS, how is this in anyway an inferior device? Besides the screensize, everything can be taken care of software wise.

Although I believe this thread was made to cause controversy, I didnt think you all would give in so easily...

Ha ha I have a Razr and I think I would be more than happy with ANY of the three big phones on Big Red right now. But thats just my .2

10. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    Did you try exchanging it for another Nexus? Sometimes there are defective devices.

My first one had terrible vertical streaking. I returned it and the new one looks great. Pictures are clear (now that I know how to use the autofocus) and I bumped up the volume with a free app (Volume+).

As for the signal strength, I haven't had an issue with that, though there is clearly some issue with the OS running some battery hogging processes. I assume that will be fixed quickly - I bought a Nexus phone to get the immediate updates. Moto was pretty good with the original droid, but I like the idea of straight-from-the-source OS updates without waiting for the mfg's "skin" to be applied.

I hear its a great phone, and my wife will probably get it this week, but who knows when the HTC Rezound will get ICS....

SirKronan and scary alien like this.
  11. scary alien

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Just a gentle reminder folks, let's try to keep things positive here...

[not directed at you Tim K--you just happened to have posted right before me, LOL :) -- wait, that part didn't come out right ;) (like its okay for Tim to not be positive, LOL)].

Thank you very much :).

vandyman likes this.
  12. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    SW Missouri
    So I just got done watching XMen Origins: Wolverine. I hadn't seen it in a while but it's a decent flick...up until the end. What they did to Deadpool was a travesty.

I mean Leiv Schreiber was not my first choice for Sabertooth, but he pulled it off and I thought the movie really depicted the relationship between Sabertooth and Wolverine. And it was at least loosely based on the comic book origins of the Weapon X project.

And I was actually excited when I realized Ryan Reynolds would be playing Deadpool. I mean they have the same sarcastic attitude, everything just fit. Then they destroyed it in the end. I mean really? Sew his mouth shut, put his swords in his arms and give him Cyclops eyebeams?! What were they thinking? Honestly, they could have just let them wipe Wolverines mind, he goes bezerk, trashes the place and runs off to the Canadian Wlderness. End movie. That would have been a more accurate depiction of his origins.

I've got XMen First Class coming from Netflix. I'm hoping it's a better film. Despite the XMen movies shortcomings and variances from the true origins of its characters, they have been fairly enjoyable films and I look forward to more of them. I'm very excited at the thought of an Avengers movie though. And a Justice League for the DC side of things.

13. chico142

chico142 Lurker
    None

Jan 9, 2012

I hope you will happy with your new Rezound.

jbdan likes this.
  14. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Restaurant Owner and Chef
    Denver
    Had the Rezound for a month before getting my nexus . Besides having a slightly better camera everything else was worse
    The Rezound got worse battery life, was slower, unreliable wifi tether, smaller less impressive screen and the big kicker the Samsung sound quality is so much better even using the exact same headphones . The Nexus sound processor is so much better then the Resounds . But all that the Rezound is a good phone especially at $199 but my Nexus is even better at the $94.50 I paid for it

Sandroidfan and jbdan like this.
  15. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    The Rezound is a really nice phone. A family member has it and I have nothing bad to say about it frankly. If I didn't like my Galaxy Nexus so much, I'd probably have a Rezound in my pocket right now. But my Galaxy Nexus hasn't given me any real cause to complain.

So, good luck, hope your new phone works out for you, and hope any posts you make in the future have more substance to them.

16. jbdan

jbdan Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa
    I love what you say thx! ;)

17. bi0nicman

bi0nicman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    its interesting that the rezound went down in price so quickly. either HTC is getting ready to release a better phone or its not selling well (i'm guessing the latter). oh well its unfortunate that people are having issues with the GNex. I'm definitely in the group with little to no issues. good luck with the rezound!

Sandroidfan and scary alien like this.
  18. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2009
    Male
    Phila, PA
    In the real world I have a reputation for being a bit negative....

jamisont and scary alien like this.
  19. scary alien

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    LOL, I can't believe that...you own a GNex, after all ;) :).

20. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Spring, TX
    My first gnex was a dud. Sounds like urs was too. Glad ur happy now though! That's all that matters

scary alien likes this.
  21. kk4df

kk4df Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Engineer
    Georgia
    I'm glad I don't have any of the problems described. The volume is not an issue for me, as ROMs and apps can solve that one. Mine fortunately holds a signal VERY well, has no banding issues, and most pictures are fine. I was able to take a few bad pics while learning how to best use the camera, but can get some really nice pics from it now.

Love my GNex! No way anyone could convince me to trade it in. BTW, I'm loving all the ROMs and kernels and development work that's happening on the SGN.

Sandroidfan and scary alien like this.
  22. cabraswell

cabraswell Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Male
    Biomedical Technician
    Western NC
    Sorry your phone had issues irony. My phone has been top notch since day one and I would rather have this phone than either of the big three on VZW right now. That being said...if the Nexus hadn't come to VZW I'd have gotten the Rezound. The Razr is nice but the Rezound would have been my next choice.

23. jse2480

jse2480 Member
    None

Dec 18, 2011
    Albany, NY

That's 18 cents too much :p

jbdan and snapcase like this.
  24. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    I had the same problem on 2 nexus phones. It's not like I had one and complained. I had one, had problems, swapped it out for a new one, had worst problems.

Must be luck of the draw if you get a good phone or not. All the reason to not buy a samsung phone.

Exchanged it for the rezound and it's great I have zero problems.

scary alien likes this.
  25. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Haven't had any troubles with mine. Sucks that you did OP, glad you found a phone you like. Not real sure why you posted this here, but to each their own I suppose. Enjoy it, this is the heyday of Android on VZW for sure.

I will say, if I was going to leave the Nexus (no intentions of doing so), I'd wait and jump on the RAZR Maxx, hard to beat 3300mah in a 8.99mm thick phone.

scary alien likes this.
Tags: