1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Performace issue in Ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nhsunder, Sep 13, 2011.

1. nhsunder

nhsunder Lurker

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. I got very good information from this forum.

I bought my ace on august 2011. It was android Froyo (2.2.1). I upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.4 last week through kies. Everything was fine at first but I am facing performance issue now. I have checked that ram utilization. It is always around 228-230 out of 278 ram size. In application services, few applications like maps, google service keep running even though it was killed. I think they are default. I don

Advertisement

2. san123.22

san123.22 Lurker

3. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast

4. PJ147

PJ147 Android Enthusiast

Also look at the amount of memory used in the settings, applications, memory usage then the running tab (at the bottom) it shows the true amount of memory used. Press menu to switch between running programs/services and cached ones.

The program monitor/task manager widget shows cached processes in the total memory. The Caches processes are not running until needed but are there to speed up the operation of your phone so they do not have to load from scratch when called on. (this is why using a task killer is often counter productive and uses more battery than it saves as these services have to be loaded back into memory when called.)

From this menu you can see and kill any apps/processes as needed. And it shows the true reflection of how much is running.

One more thing, having something use memory is not always a bad thing, as long as there is enough left for what you want to run i would not worry. Android force closes things that are not needed when memory is low.

SashiX likes this.