1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Performance after Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sami Shah, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Sami Shah

Sami Shah Lurker

Heyy I have my htc Desire adroid 2.2. Can some one advice me whether i should root or not ?? i want to improve the game performance few of the games lag on my phone. Will i get better performance after rooting ? More over i want to upgrade to Icecream Sandwitch.

I am just afraid to do it if something goes wrong ?? is it safe.. ? If something goes wrong can i roll back ??

Plz Help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi Sami,

Rooting by itself won't change performance. However, it does give you the option to flash a faster custom ROM, or a kernel which supports overclocking, so there is some scope for performance improvement.

You may have to make a choice though: you'll probably find the phone is faster with Gingerbread than with ICS!

As for how, the All Things Root Guide sticky post here has a number of guides and faqs. I'd start with the rooting faq. There are also guides on how to root, using either Unrevoked or Revolutionary (these days I'd probably say just use Revolutionary, though the process is slightly more involved). Unrooting is possible, though it erases the apps and data on the phone. What network are you on, and is the phone GSM or CDMA (SIM card means GSM)?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews