• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Performance and apps] Has anyone tried the following things?

Tokenpoke

Android Expert
Feb 10, 2011
Miami, FL
www.facebook.com
Has anyone used or tried the following?

Memory parameter augmentation (v6 supercharger style scripts and such)

CPU under clocking and profiles

Link2sd style apps2sd

Dalvik cache increasing and linking to SD

Font editing apps

Modifying the status bar apk

Modifying the battery charging animation files

Modifying the Shutdown files

Lockscreen apps

I know that I can replace some system apps with market apps and add market apps to /system/app so they survive a factory reset. (Browser for dolphin HD, added root explorer and a few others though some don't work a lot do.)

But I'm wondering about the other stuff.

I use v6. Works perfect (remember to set the supercharger file in /data to root and run at boot).

I've been able to change the font.

I have not been able to change battery animation yet, they are in qmg format.

Able to underclock via setcpu and also rom toolbox.

I've changed the shutdown animation and sound also.

maybe once we get clockworkmod i could port some themes from the admire and also use the uot kitchen to help with it. I got a lil experience under my belt

Upvote 0
maybe once we get clockworkmod i could port some themes from the admire and also use the uot kitchen to help with it. I got a lil experience under my belt

More important is getting a custom kernel developed. Then we will have standard animation file support. Cwm is secondary, as we can pretty much do everything through Odin, it just takes a couple extra steps.

Cwm would definitely make things a bit easier though.

Upvote 0
Had a question about this: I didnt know I was supposed to put this anywhere, I thought it just put it's self where it needed to be. Should I put the pdf in data or the v6 folder that is created?

After you run the v6 script it puts a file called 99supercharger.sh in the data folder. You have to navigate to it in script manager, click it, choose the options root and boot, then run it.

This step is necessary because we are on a stock rom. It tells script manager to run v6 at boot, making your settings stick.

Edit : its in the data folder on your phone.

It should look like this in script manager when you go to the file in the /data folder -

ae8dd528-a446-1cec.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones