• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Performance Improvement For Warp Sequent

Hello all...

I ran across a flashable mod over at XDA that I decided to try on my Sequent. I must say it's definitely made some pretty significant improvements on lag reduction and 3G speeds for me.

The mod is called CrossBreeder, and below is the link to the original XDA thread with all the info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2113150

***You will need the app called "Universal Int.d" from the Play Store so that the script automatically runs at boot. Its a paid app but seemed worth the small price for the added performance.

Regards,
woodybjr

Reactions: south956
Since all the phones that have the install stock recovery script on boot, we technically have init.d support. Download an app called universal init.d from the play store and follow the instructions to get it up and running then install the script. Tried this a while back on ICS. It made some nice improvements but also fame with a few annoying bugs when it came to installing certain apps.

Upvote 0
Since all the phones that have the install stock recovery script on boot, we technically have init.d support. Download an app called universal init.d from the play store and follow the instructions to get it up and running then install the script. Tried this a while back on ICS. It made some nice improvements but also fame with a few annoying bugs when it came to installing certain apps.

OK so when the option of having stock recovery boot or flash comes up right before rebooting system in cwm come up, do I click yes or no?

Upvote 0
if you disable flash of recovery the script doesnt work for crossbreeder. gotta hit yes

Ment to say hit no, if you don't hit no the script wont take place. as long as you already disabled the flash on cwm in the past before. download the init.d app and let it do its thing then reboot cwm and flash the zip then hit no when asked whether to disable the flash. Dont worry it shouldn't flash stock recovery. I've used this script so many damn times.

Reactions: south956
Upvote 0
5u3uva4u.jpg

Why does mine say it has support though?
Do i still turn it on?

Upvote 0
Would you mind clarifying this a little? What apps or types of apps might this affect? Thanks man :)

idk, i never got to debug the entire thing but when installed certain apps from the play store, upon installing the app my phone would fast reboot. but i went back to complete stock and the problem disappeared so idk if it was truely it, or ics or something else.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones