• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Performance?

The performance is amazing. I can't say I've compared them personally but I've read that it's actually snappier than the EVO 4G. The MSM7227 is a SERIOUSLY underrated chip IMO. To give an idea in numbers, the Aria has 40% of the pixels to be pushed but has the same GPU pushing them. That's like taking the engine from a Camaro and dropping it in a Smart Car(ok, not exactly but you get the idea)

Reactions: MaxxBennedy
Upvote 0
I was considering getting this phone. I know its not a 1GHz snapdragon, but how is the performance overall?

Let me put it this way, in some instances I notice it snappier than the Driod X I was using for less than a week and one of the many reasons why I came back to the Aria. Take that with a grain of salt or somthing.

I wish AT&T would get a version of the HTC Incredible. I think that device is the perfect size. Looks like the Aria's big bro.

Upvote 0
Very snappy... gets about 4.3 Mflops which is vs the avg 1ghz snapdragon phones 7 Mflops. But as ambicutus said its pushing 40% of the pixels.

that still doesn't show how snappy it is though. In general usage i cant tell the difference between it and the 1ghz phones I have used.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones