1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Performance?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Djidea, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Orange County So. Cal
    I was considering getting this phone. I know its not a 1GHz snapdragon, but how is the performance overall?

Advertisement

2. OJsakila

OJsakila Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Savannah, GA
    Pretty damn impressive.

3. Ambictus

Ambictus Android Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2010
    UT
    The performance is amazing. I can't say I've compared them personally but I've read that it's actually snappier than the EVO 4G. The MSM7227 is a SERIOUSLY underrated chip IMO. To give an idea in numbers, the Aria has 40% of the pixels to be pushed but has the same GPU pushing them. That's like taking the engine from a Camaro and dropping it in a Smart Car(ok, not exactly but you get the idea)

MaxxBennedy likes this.
  4. Gforce083

Gforce083 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Yes, it is truly great. Snappy and smooth! Only once did I see the phone just slightly lag on a home page swipe when I have at least 10 apps running including Pandora Radio streaming at the time.

5. xdmanalo

xdmanalo Member

Jun 25, 2010
    +1

A joy to navigate...smooth. For the most part....apps load, close, and run w/o me pausing to think, 'dayam, hurry up.'

6. billysbrew

billysbrew Lurker

Jul 21, 2010
    It is a quick little phone. I am very impressed!

Link to some benchmarks HERE

7. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Android Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2010
    North NJ
    Let me put it this way, in some instances I notice it snappier than the Driod X I was using for less than a week and one of the many reasons why I came back to the Aria. Take that with a grain of salt or somthing.

I wish AT&T would get a version of the HTC Incredible. I think that device is the perfect size. Looks like the Aria's big bro.

8. Cronis

Cronis Android Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2010
    Very snappy... gets about 4.3 Mflops which is vs the avg 1ghz snapdragon phones 7 Mflops. But as ambicutus said its pushing 40% of the pixels.

that still doesn't show how snappy it is though. In general usage i cant tell the difference between it and the 1ghz phones I have used.

Tags: