• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Performing a perfect factory restore

My Galaxy 551's bluetooth never worked.

The GPS did work at the beginning. Then it started to take ages to guess my position. Now, it barely manages to do so.

No bluetooth, no GPS... time for a service return I guess. Only thing is, I've installed several non official ROMs on it (currently running Arkas 1.6 or 1.7, I don't remember), and now I want to restore a perfectly official ROM so that they won't blame my fiddling with the ROM.

Does anyone have an advice on how to restore the latest officiel (french) ROM ?

Though I dont know the exact rules of French Samsung Care ,The guys over here just flash the stock ROM anyway before doing anything ....

In any case ,you can flash stock French ROM from sammobile to be safe

SamMobile Firmware Page

There are three French ROMs, I5510POKP6 and variants .

You know how to flash with odin ...
On side note my 551 had crappy GPS ....and i never used Bluetooth to begin with ..

-karandpr(Yes I changed the name )

Upvote 0
Sad :(
I dont use the 551 since it busted >_> .Samsung is asking for board replacement which I refuse to pay .The local phone repair dont have any clue (Emmc damage ) .

I am now using Xperia Mini Pro ..
Far cry from Samsung .good service and it already has ICS . No need for custom ROMs too .:)
I may create one but not right now .No need ..

Upvote 0
Well ,the advantages of Xperia Mini Pro (yes it has keyboard ) far exceed 551
The only advantage of Galaxy 551 is light weight an .2 inches of screen ...
and it is easier to root ..

Advantages of Xperia Mini Pro .:
Solid build
Snapdragon S2 V7 processor which meant Flash support and superior Game/app support Plus it has neon which means video playback is flawless
Better Battery
Faster UI than Stock Samaung .
Notification LED for messages and calls
Superior Dialer Options :)
Official ICS !!!!!
Good ROM/dev community (Not needed since performance wise Stock ROMs rival Custom ROMs) in case you want to go a step further
Superior screen in DayLight !!
Sound is lot better ,Stock Headsets are better.
Radio Reception is better (WIFi,Bluetooth,GPS ...)

One of the key points is Sony Customer Care/Forums are lot better .and the software bugs are minimal unlike Samsung
Also The Sony support staff are members of many Forums inclusive of XDA,AF and others ..
The list goes on and on .....
I may post on the blog about my experience :) . In a day or two or today :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones