1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Perhaps an old topic - apps for taking notes, drawing diagrams, sharing, etc

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jersey Tom, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Jersey Tom

Jersey Tom Android Enthusiast

Tried searching up some threads but none seemed to really stand out.

I'm an engineer. I do a lot of note taking, working out equations, brainstorming on whiteboards, sketching things out, etc. Invariably this takes up dozens of sheets of paper on my desk, which are a pain to sort through later... or there's the practice of taking a picture of a whiteboard's contents with my phone and emailing it to myself.

Would be nice to have an app for this sort of thing - something to do what the Note Slate is claiming to do when it's released. While I'd be tempted to buy that, I already have a Droid X and will likely get an Android tablet in the future. I've seen the 'Evernote' app but that seems to be geared toward pure text input, and I definitely would need something where I can draw things out too. Functional on both a phone and tablet would be ideal.

Any suggestions? Seems silly if this sort of thing doesn't exist yet.

Advertisement

2. bgoody

bgoody Well-Known Member

There are a couple of apps that I use for that sort of thing. If it is a document, receipt or other printed thing, I use CamScanner which brings things in in the PDF format.

For general all round notetaking I use MultiMemo. It's good although it is orientated to landscape use which makes it a pain.

Recently I switched to apMemo. It's virtually instant to start drawing or texting and retrieval and viewing of existing memos is also very quick. It's only drawback is that the canvas size is limited to one screen.

3. nvrfgt343

nvrfgt343 Member

I use Sketchbook Mobile Express by Autodesk for diagramming. Sketches can be saved and then e-mailed as needed. It's free in the Market