1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Perhaps my Evo is ruined.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wirsteve, May 16, 2011.

1. wirsteve

wirsteve Lurker

Today I was trying to update my MIUI ROM to the newest version, 1.5.13 I believe is the newest version. The MIUI ROM Downloader downloaded it, and the "ROM Manager" said it would install it for me. Upon restart my phone was stuck at the white "HTC EVO 4G" screen for around 15 minutes maybe 20.

It was at that point I made the decision to remove the battery, which is what seems to have possibly killed my phone. Now the only screen I can see is that white screen. I can't seem to get to the boot screen (power and volume down) unless I am doing something wrong. I plugged it in to try to reflash it with unrevoked, but it was unrecognized.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    -Steve

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

can you charge it up some? perhaps the battery is too low for the device to go to recovery. were you able to get into recovery b4?(sounds like you were) leave the phone off, plug it in for a while, then do the vol dn + pwr thing. oh, and make sure youre holding the vol dn button for like the first 4-5 seconds of the startup process.

3. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

but miui is an aosp rom and you need to thuroughly wipe the device before going from sense to aosp. which is prolly the reason for the stuck on boot screen issue you were having

4. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

oh, and id avoid rom manager, its proven itself to be more of a hinderance than a help 99% of the time

5. tooill

tooill Member

+1 defenitely, plus Amon Ra is much faster for me, u can get amon ra thru clockwork mod, i found out not so long ago =p. just hit the "flash alternate recovery" at the bottom of clockwork mod

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

actually it is in rom manager, i believe that is what you meant to say. lol yeah rom manager is very buggy. sometimes it takes a longer then normal for a new rom to boot up as it has to build dalvik cache. i would wait a little bit longer and see.

7. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

yeah, but it shouldnt take 15-20 min tho eh? when i flash a sense rom and then an aosp rom it does take a full 3 to 5 min (which joyfully allows for the dancin kitteh bootanimation to get his groove on for even longer than normal ;) )

8. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert

man it drives me nuts when the op doesnt come back in here and tell us what happened!! its all good if it helped him out n all that, its just the need for the paul harvey-esque "the end of the story" lol its like back in the day when youd rent a vhs tape and the last half hour of it is all effed up and the rental store had already closed for the night so you cant go swap it out for another copy

9. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Hah yeah. VHS is a technology I will not miss. I remember as soon as I pop'd in Star Wars Ep. 1, the vhs player ate the first five minutes. It was all mangled about. Ended up having to cut it out and taping the film together...

And where'd the op go??! I would have guessed that your help solved the problem but we may never know.

10. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

lmao!!!!!!i know what you mean. the suspense is killing me. i have to know what is going on. funny i was thinking about chiming in with that thought when you posted. were you reading my mind? cause that is just creepy.:eek:

op: we are here for you if you need it.

11. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

No worries;)

Boot to recovery
    Wipe Dalvik cache
    Wipe cache
    Reboot phone

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews