• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Perhaps one of the cooler things about Flash 10.1

I can care less what iphone does or does not get. Just want to know the status of the droid flash.

To note.......from a dude who pays attention to these things.... apple is looking to get a flash player but not through adobe.....idk to be honest it is hearsay and i do not have an article to post to confirm, so take it as a grain of salt.

And Ice we will still have competition from apple since they will be coming to verizon. With at&t getting some android phone its safe to say the att iphone monopoly is over. Still keeping my droid.

Upvote 0
I can care less what iphone does or does not get.

I'm not one much for peeing contests either ... but it's just nice to be able to tell your buddy (as he looks down his iPhone nose at you), "Hey, y'all got Flash yet?". :D

Just want to know the status of the droid flash.

With videos released straight from Adobe, I think it's a safe assumption that we'll be seeing Flash 10.1 for our DROIDs within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Maybe a lot sooner.

Upvote 0
hulu may be blocked, its a rumor that it will be, but it will also be a pay site soon too.

i guess there is a part of me that has pride in my phone and thinks its funny that iphone won't get it, but its the competitive part.

there is another part that could care less cause its a lame phone

Upvote 0
I can care less what iphone does or does not get. Just want to know the status of the droid flash.

To note.......from a dude who pays attention to these things.... apple is looking to get a flash player but not through adobe.....idk to be honest it is hearsay and i do not have an article to post to confirm, so take it as a grain of salt.

And Ice we will still have competition from apple since they will be coming to verizon. With at&t getting some android phone its safe to say the att iphone monopoly is over. Still keeping my droid.

I don't think this is true. Adobe would Sue the pants off of apple.

Upvote 0
Why is this awesome?

I'm not one much for peeing contests either ... but it's just nice to be able to tell your buddy (as he looks down his iPhone nose at you), "Hey, y'all got Flash yet?". :D

I answered that question if you had read the whole thread...

Lighten up buddy. Breathe in, breathe out. :D I'm just having a little fun here. I can care less if iPhones get Flash or not.

Upvote 0
three words, hulu dot com. :)

Hulu may very well be blocked. I used to be able to watch Hulu on my Windows Mobile phone, then one day I went there and the page loads and the screen where TV show/Movie plays looks like loading and then a message comes up saying something to the effect of "the platform which you are trying to view is not supported".

Same thing with PS3, although there is something out there to make Hulu think you are watching it on Firefox to make it go through.

So if they have anticipated Flash on the Android platform the same message may come up once we get flash.

And like radikal pointed out Hulu may be a pay site soon as well.

Upvote 0
My only desire for flash on Android is that there will be a way to disable it. 90% of the time, I don't need flash stuff loading. That's partially why I run NoScript on Firefox. I just want to be able to enable it when I need it.
+1

The single most important Flash element to me is, "Off."

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm still baffled by the lack of support for animated GIF files. What gives?

Upvote 0
+1

The single most important Flash element to me is, "Off."

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm still baffled by the lack of support for animated GIF files. What gives?

I don't understand how someone can say they are not interested in flash support in 1 sentence, and then go on to talk about gif support in the very next sentence. Please explain.

Upvote 0
I don't understand how someone can say they are not interested in flash support in 1 sentence, and then go on to talk about gif support in the very next sentence. Please explain.
That's a fair question actually, and one that I should've anticipated.

I'd like animated GIF support to be able to view images like the ones that display animated weather radar from Weather Underground (Mobile) for example.

Overall, I'd just like to retain the choice of whether I allow Flash to run in my browser. As long as I have an on-off switch, I'm cool.

Dave

Upvote 0
I'd like animated GIF support to be able to view images like the ones that display animated weather radar from Weather Underground (Mobile) for example.

Overall, I'd just like to retain the choice of whether I allow Flash to run in my browser. As long as I have an on-off switch, I'm cool.

Makes sense. Thanks for the response.

"Toggle Flash", the next cool widget coming to an Android Market near you! ;)

Upvote 0
hulu may be blocked, its a rumor that it will be, but it will also be a pay site soon too.

i guess there is a part of me that has pride in my phone and thinks its funny that iphone won't get it, but its the competitive part.

there is another part that could care less cause its a lame phone

The paid hulu thing has been circulating for years now. Comcast bought NBC and Comcast hates Hulu....since they claim it takes away from their cable service (of course maybe its their crappy cable service that does that!)....if Comcast is ******ed (which they seem to be) then a paid Hulu might surface. That doesn't stop someone else from starting a new service tho. ;)

Honestly I don't care about Hulu, I just want to watch my slingbox on my droid!!!

Yes I know it's not flash...but I want them to just release the damn viewer app already!

Upvote 0
Maybe it was me but I didn't really care about not having flash when I had my iPhone. Still feel the same way about the Droid. That article touched on something that iPhone users who DO care about flash already knew.

When the competition stops, it will be a sad day for Android and iPhone users.

Actually, many iPhone users do care about Flash since a growing proportion of the Internet utilizes it. A device without flash capability only has access to a fraction of the internet - that matters to some people

Its like having a crippled device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones