1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Perhaps Strange Question.. Voice Quality of Motion vs Samsung SIII

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4ubest, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 4ubest

4ubest Android Enthusiast

I do not know if I will get an answer from someone whose has compared both but I thought I would give it a shot..

I currently have an LG Motion and I am having trouble with the quality of the phone calls and I was wondering if there was anyone here that could tell my from personal experience how the sound quality of the phone calls both outgoing to person at other end and incoming over the ear piece and speaker compares to the Samsung Galaxy S III.

The motion seems to work faster than my older LG Connect which I sold back to MetroPCS (huge mistake/robbery) but I am needing better phone call quality and was wondering if the Samsung would be better.

Reason I am asking here is that the MetroPCS rep I spoke to at the store said the quality of the calls is about the same so....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Diego1593

Diego1593 Android Enthusiast

Its gonna have the same quality because we are running the same network so no difference sorry

3. 4ubest

Thank you for the reply as I understood the network is the same, but I was really talking about the quality of the sound coming from the phone itself and you are saying that they are the same even though the hardware is so different ?

4. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Well I've had both but I would say the s3 has noticeably better call quality but why don't you go to a metro store and ask to have a activated test phone to see the differences
    I don't remember if the motion had these setting but here are some in call sound settings

*That gray circle with the speaker on the upper middle is the extra volume button
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 4ubest

Because of many reasons, I will rarely use a cell phone without the speaker activated, and my question therefore is more oriented towards the quality of the sound coming out of the speaker on both of these phones.

As far as asking for an activated test phone, the metro store near me I do not think would do that, plus I am not very pleased that I only got $70 for my connect and even with that trade, i paid more than $150 for the motion so I do not trust this one.

6. chicle

chicle Well-Known Member

I use my motion's speaker and I've had no problems with it. I don't know about the S3.

Maybe you could go to a different metro store to try it?

7. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Was that an authorized dealer if it was just go to a corporate store or just a different store doesnt even have to be a corporate one even though most corporate stores have fully working displays instead of the gutted plastic ones

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews