• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Periodic Freezing

LinkA8A0A

Aug 17, 2010
My S4 will freeze occassionally. Usually when I try to wake it up...either with the home button, or the power button. It will freeze at my lock screen or home screen for about 10-15 seconds so I can't use the touchpad. I can turn the screen off and on, but I can't swipe, touch apps, or enter my passcode.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their S4? If so, any tips?

My S4 will freeze occassionally. Usually when I try to wake it up...either with the home button, or the power button. It will freeze at my lock screen or home screen for about 10-15 seconds so I can't use the touchpad. I can turn the screen off and on, but I can't swipe, touch apps, or enter my passcode.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with their S4? If so, any tips?

Could there be some app that acts out? Not well optimized widget for the 4.2, some task killer app, any apps that could come to mind?
You will have to be more specific, to help us find out whether it's a generic problem, or just your end.

Upvote 0
Could there be some app that acts out? Not well optimized widget for the 4.2, some task killer app, any apps that could come to mind?
You will have to be more specific, to help us find out whether it's a generic problem, or just your end.

Hmm...the only widgets I use are the alarm clock, yahoo news, pre-installed weather, notepad and calendar.

I don't have a lot of apps downloaded...yahoo sports, voxer, spotify, zedge, foxfi, Kii keyboard, tank hero and candy crush.

The only other possibility is the live background wallpaper I have been using. I guess I'll try using a normal wallpaper to see if it stops.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones