1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Perm Root but S still on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Madwolf27, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Maybe I am missing something, but I thought you had to have S=off for a persistant root? I have S=on AND a persistent root through visionary. It was ... odd. I did not turn off fast boot originally and the temp root severely lagged my phone. I killed the lag after disabling and re-enabling debugging, then ran the perm root. I have even pulled the battery, and the root is still there. Or maybe I am misreading things and s=off is completely separate than a persistent root?

Advertisement

2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    i believe they are different. You are using a temp root. In order to do a perm root you have a LOT more to do. I am in the same boat with the lag now. After a few minutes of loading the phone seems to fly again. Not too sure ill be doing a full blown perm root since this does exactly what i need.

3. Madwolf27

Feb 20, 2010
    But it was my understanding that a temp root went away on a restart?

4. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Forklift driver for Frito Lay
    Gilbert, Arizona
    it does kinda... The new version of visionary r14 gives you the option to stay on when rebooted. Its a little check mark. I dont know how they do it but it works. If you want to completely remove the root they have an option to unroot at the bottom. I personally just do a factory reset.

This is exactly what i did.

Every time i reboot i still have root only issue is i have to remove all the crap apps each time using titanium.

5. Madwolf27

Feb 20, 2010
    But, see, I did NOT check that box. It is still not checked.

6. n1oty

n1oty Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Taunton, MA
    After using Visionary for temp root, I also noticed this brief lag (usually shortly after starting up). I used SETCPU from the market to set the processor for "Performance", rather than "On Demand" and my lag disappears immediately.

John