• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help permanent fix for low call volume?

I found the incall volume to be a little low. When you max out the volume using the volume button it actually only goes to a default setting of 87 out of 100. If you would like to change the
default settings here is what you need to do.
call this number *#*#197328640#*#*
This will open the service mode menu.
choose option [5] AUDIO
choose option [1] (VOICE CALL)
choose option [1] HANDSET
choose option [1] Volume
choose option [1] SRC Speech RX Volume
choose option [5] 5_lvl : 87
press the menu button (left side)
choose Key Input
enter a value between 0 and 100, I choose 100 the loudest setting.
press ok
now press the menu button and select back this should save (don't use the right side back key you normally use to navigate the phone or you will quit out of the settings) keep hitting the menu and back until you leave the service mode menu.
You will also note you can change volume settings for other things like bluetooth, head sets, video call etc.
Note: this is not permanent, if you turn off the phone it resets back to the default levels .

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi, is anyone having the same issue as i do, im on S2, stock samsung rom(GB). when headset is on, incoming calls ringtone and alarm volume seem to decrease to half through speaker. how to i get full volume with headset on?

unlike ICS rom it provide full volume to both speaker and headset during incoming calls and alarm. but i prefer using GB as for now. Please anyone having the similar issue can tell me how you got it fixed?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Totally agree, I am frustrated with this phone now - what if the most basic phone feature has a problem ie call volume very low! Not to mention the battery! I get 'audio blocked' on using the service code for the new ich that I have upgraded too. Incidently I had taken my phone to the samsung service center before the upgrade and the folks there had upgraded android to some other version that slightly increased the headset volume. Its a shame on Samsung they have sold faulty handsets in the market - with the call volume it has, it has to be called faulty

Upvote 0
HI guys, im going try this post again, becuase i lost my first draft becuase i tried to include a link.

I started getting really low incall volume overnight on my Galaxy S2 4G. It turns out it was my speaker grill that needed a bit cleaning. I used a safety pin and gently poked the holes in the speker grill to unblock the dirt and grime that was muffling the speaker.
Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones