• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Permanently open app

Anthony_Eva

Lurker
Nov 25, 2014
I have an offline application that is manually installed onto a device. This application needs to automatically open when the device starts up and must not allow the user to close the application at all.so that the application is permanently open on the device. Is this possible, if so how?

Steve's answer is from the perspective of what needs to be done to the app itself, not from an end-user viewpoint. If you are not the developer, you'd need to disassemble the app, make the appropriate changes, then repackage and sign the app. If the app just runs, and does not have a UI, it would not need to be a /system app to meet your requirement. There's nothing I am aware of that can do what you want at the client or end-user level. GL!

Upvote 0
Thanks Steve for the assistance but we are going to do this to 1050 devices so we can't root them as it will take to long is there any other way?

I will do some research but as far as I know there is not. In L they introduced pinning but it certainly does not prevent user from closing app.

In most situations like this I would think they would have a custom ROM or have central deployment of the devices through an IT department that would perform the necessary changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones