• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Permission Requested for my gmail account

Jan 7, 2010
Thought I would pose this question in the rooted forum also since maybe it might be related to rooting ??

Just today I am constanly getting a message to "allow" or "deny" permission from the android system. It says the listed apps are requesting permission to access the google calender login credentials for my gmal account. I said deny but after sometime maybe 2hr or so it asks me again. Is this normal and safe to allow. Did google or HTC change something ? Anyone else experience this ??

Some of the list of apps are like DCS service, weather agent service, customization settings provider, calendar, HTC weather sync provider, HTC media uploader, footprints, htc service stock and such.

Sorry for being paranoid or over cautious but thought I check in with the experts first. Oh and my eris is also rooted with Plain Jane ROM

Thank You

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones