1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Perplexing battery failure

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AgentBrennier, Jun 6, 2011.

1. AgentBrennier

AgentBrennier Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Texas!
    Hi, my Nexus one is running Ginger 2.3.4, rooted, and with Clockwork mod recovery. I get pretty decent battery life throughout the day. However, when my battery drops below 13% every time my phone shuts itself down as if the battery is thoroughly depleted.

I tried using the Battery Calibration app to delete and remake the .bin file assuming this was a calibration issue, but it still shuts off with over 10% battery level.

This is very frustrating to say the least. Any suggestions on why this might be happening? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Dolmangar

Dolmangar Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Rational Tools Consultant
    DC Metro Area - USA
    Could just be a bad battery. How old is it? I'm assuming that it's close to a year, which is a bit short, but not unheard of for a battery to start going bad depending on use. Laptop recharge-ables for Dells tend to drop off quickly after a year and a half of use. Before you dig too deep for a major problem see if you can replicated the issue with a known good battery.

3. AgentBrennier

AgentBrennier Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Texas!
    Yeah, that may be it because I also noticed that while charging, the battery skips from 80-something percent to 100% full charge instantly as if that same amount of power is just lost in limbo somewhere.

What do you suggest for a comparable battery? I know I could get one from the manufacturer and have no worries, but those are relatively expensive. I also don't want to buy a dud battery from Amazon or the like, which I've done before.

4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    I run a Seidio 1600 mAh battery which has a bit more power then the stock battery but fits within the stock battery cover. I have been using it for over a year now with no issues.

seidioonline.com

AgentBrennier likes this.
  5. AgentBrennier

AgentBrennier Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Texas!
    Thanks for the help, mate. I'll try it out!

Is there a Pershoot's kernel for Gingerbread? I'm not running a custom rom, just root.

6. No idea about the kernel, sorry. But some searching around google should find it pretty quick for you!

Tags: