1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

persistant data, need help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sinogap, Apr 24, 2012.

1. sinogap

sinogap Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2012
    I am in Europe roaming. I have a data plan that charges me per data session (to the nearest mb), so If I turn on data use 1 mb, then turn it off, then turn it back on and use 1kb. I will be charged for 2mb. Data is quite expensive as I'm roaming.
    I have gingerbread 2.3.5. Background data and autosync is off (as I'm trying to conserve data , and don't want apps using it in the background). I have data roaming on; and always-on mobile data is enabled. I have disabled the use location using wireless networks option, and my battery's power mode is on high performance.
    My problem is that I have left my mobile data on all day, my phone's data counter shows that it has used 45 kb, however, I am getting charged for 3 separate sessions of data (1mb each since it gets rounded).
    I would like to know if you guys can help; what is the problem with my android not using one persistent data session?
    and is there a way to fix this problem?

Advertisement

2. Cerberus666

Cerberus666 Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2012
    I am far from an expert, but I suspect that it is the mobile operator/provider cutting off an open data session automatically after a certain period of time. I think the period depends on the provider. Perhaps you can find some information online on what period this specific provider uses. Good luck...