1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

persistant data, need help

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sinogap, Apr 24, 2012.

1. sinogap

sinogap Lurker

I am in Europe roaming. I have a data plan that charges me per data session (to the nearest mb), so If I turn on data use 1 mb, then turn it off, then turn it back on and use 1kb. I will be charged for 2mb. Data is quite expensive as I'm roaming.
    I have gingerbread 2.3.5. Background data and autosync is off (as I'm trying to conserve data , and don't want apps using it in the background). I have data roaming on; and always-on mobile data is enabled. I have disabled the use location using wireless networks option, and my battery's power mode is on high performance.
    My problem is that I have left my mobile data on all day, my phone's data counter shows that it has used 45 kb, however, I am getting charged for 3 separate sessions of data (1mb each since it gets rounded).
    I would like to know if you guys can help; what is the problem with my android not using one persistent data session?
    and is there a way to fix this problem?

2. Cerberus666

Cerberus666 Lurker

I am far from an expert, but I suspect that it is the mobile operator/provider cutting off an open data session automatically after a certain period of time. I think the period depends on the provider. Perhaps you can find some information online on what period this specific provider uses. Good luck...