• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Persistent error notification from Print Spooler

A

Android Question

Hi!
I tried to print a PDF from my phone about a week ago. It didn't work at first, and I got a notification with an error message: "Printer error HNY.pdf." I can't dismiss that notification by swiping right; the only way to get rid of it is to go to Settings > Apps > ... > Show system > Print Spooler > FORCE STOP. However, the notification comes back up after the phone is rebooted.
I opened HNY.pdf from Downloads, then selected Print, which brought me to HP Print Service Plugin. This works now, worked before and worked right after I got the error message I'm complaining about. The error was from a paper jam or no paper or something like that. The printer is an HP Officejet 6700.
How can I dismiss this error notification?
Thanks.

m20160113100343.jpg
Screenshot_20160113-100714.png

Upvote 0
Hi!
I tried to print a PDF from my phone about a week ago. It didn't work at first, and I got a notification with an error message: "Printer error HNY.pdf." I can't dismiss that notification by swiping right; the only way to get rid of it is to go to Settings > Apps > ... > Show system > Print Spooler > FORCE STOP. However, the notification comes back up after the phone is rebooted.
I opened HNY.pdf from Downloads, then selected Print, which brought me to HP Print Service Plugin. This works now, worked before and worked right after I got the error message I'm complaining about. The error was from a paper jam or no paper or something like that. The printer is an HP Officejet 6700.
How can I dismiss this error notification?
Thanks.
Hi
I had to got to Settings--> Connections --> Printers--> Select each job and then select CANCEL. Eventually they were all deleted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones