1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Personal Attempt at fixing battery issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NOVAdroid2151, Dec 22, 2011.

1. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member

I am no expert at this, just an avid fan of this device (coming from the DX). I wanted to try and help as many people as possible. If I leave out anything, I will edit or continue posting in this thread.

I have the Extended Battery and have let it die 3 times in full and let it charge while off, and then turning it back on, once completely charged. I have noticed that has helped tremendously.

I have done a few things in the system to help with the battery:
    -I do have auto brightness on
    -Control 3G/4G connections (only have 4G on when I need it)
    -WIFI is on when I'm at my house only bc poor signal turn it off when at work.
    -turned off the options under sound for (touch sounds and screen lock sound)
    -Exit out of all apps that are running that I am not using.

I do use Lightflow, but have used it since day 1, so if it helps, I have noticed better battery life, so I don't believe it is causing a problem (or enough of one).

This was the first day of attempting to track my battery (just one fully dead charge)
    [​IMG]

This is right now, as of today... keeping all of the settings and making one more change.. I turned off Google+. It seemed to have helped so much!
    [​IMG]

If you don't use google +, or can get away with these settings, give it a shot! Does anyone know of another solution? I'm always up for trying new ways to save battery...
    In all though, its a great phone, and I will work around with the battery. I knew it wasn't going to be the greatest.. only time will tell though!

Edit: I haven't had the screen on as much from the two comparisons, however I have been using my phone quite frequently today. I have been in and out of a few apps and been updating twitter and facebook. I would say, I used my screen approx (15-25 more mins first day). I don't believe that would cause that significant of a change.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews