1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Personal Files Disapeared

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daniel Dany, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Daniel Dany

Daniel Dany Lurker

Hello!

So today, I was facing a new thing in my phones memory. It was empty. Why? Idk.. Well, what happened, was..I installed lucky patcher cuz I knew it has the "original" Play Store. I needed that because it wasn't installed by default. But I also found a modded Play Store so I installed that one (I was curious what's that like). After installing, it wasn't working, but I noticed that it was installed as system app. I downloaded a system app remover and tried to uninstall it... But my phone got slowed down. I went into my File explorer for no reason, and I've seen that my photos, musics, videos, literally every personal file was deleted. I don't know if it has to do anything with Lucky Patcher or the play store I installed.

Have any of u guys got an idea why that happened?

(edit) I forgot to mention my device. Its a Meizu MX5 with Android 5.1 and Flyme OS 6.7

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello there! Welcome to AF!
    Sorry to say but that is one of the risks you take with that app. Being as it has root access and the ability to modify system apps, it may have glitched and wiped out your files/photos etc. Hence one of the reasons we don't condone the use of that app (among other nefarious things it can do).

However, water under the bridge now, I would suggest either resetting the device, flashing a new rom, or flashing your nandroid backup (if you had one).

I really don't know if you can get those files back if they are truly deleted :(