• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Personal notification tones?

undergone

Oct 29, 2010
I know how to create a personal ringtone going through the music app. However, there seems to be no way to create a personal notification sound.

I've tried 3rd party apps like ringtone maker but after you restart the phone it goes back to the default stock tones and you have to go and set the custom tone again.

Anything I'm missing or is this unfortunately not possible?

Edit: I'm trying to use a personal tone for receiving texts.

If this phone works like my HTC droid incredible 2 you can use ES file explorer to create a directory that is the same as the internal one where the notification tones are stored and they will show up in the stock picker.

Try creating a new folder on the sd card with Es called media then a sub folder called audio then another called notifications.
Drop whatever you want to use in the last notifications sub folder, now they should show up in the stock picker.
This might not work because of how ICS and sense 4.0 are set up. I don't know how the directories are set up...

Look in the system files of the internal memory find where the notification sounds are stored and try to duplicate that directory on the sd storage so that it reads both.

My Dinc2 system directory is setup as media/audio/photo
Inside audio are notifications/ringtones/alarms any file I drop in there shows up on the stock picker for me to choose. Inside photos any folder I create becomes a gallery that I can put collections of photos in that shows in the stock gallery... It's the same principle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones