• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Personal Preference: Which keypad do you use? (Android, Samsung, or Swype?)

I didn't know Swype was so prominent!

Anyway I stick to the old traditional keyboard, I've tried a few but the HTC (which I'm dying to try) port and the Droid X port.

For some reason the HTC port is always force closing on me before I can even use it.

I'm about to try the Droid X one.

From the ones I've used, this is how I rank them to my liking:

> TouchPal
> Better Keyboard
> SwiftKey
> Android (would be a spot higher but for some reason it's very prone to lagging for me)
> Samsung

Anyone else have trouble trying to get the HTC keyboard to work? If it does, could you be so kind to link me to the .apk file you used? The one I tried installs fine, then force closes each time I choose to use it.

I'm loving the Droid X keyboard!!!

Upvote 0
Starting out, I switched between the Samsung and Android keyboards. Both were pretty fast, but I loved the XT9 system on Samsung. For a while, I tried Swype, but I just couldn't do it. It wasn't meant for me, though I believe the concept is pretty good. I tried the Droid X port and it was nice, but I still didn't feel comfortable typing on it. I currently have the HTC IME and the Swiftkey keyboards on hand. My preference order is:

Swiftkey
HTC IME
Samsung Keyboard

Samsung would be a tie with HTC IME because of multitouch, but it lags and I have an issue with how it deals with punctuations on its layout.

Upvote 0
Starting out, I switched between the Samsung and Android keyboards. Both were pretty fast, but I loved the XT9 system on Samsung. For a while, I tried Swype, but I just couldn't do it. It wasn't meant for me, though I believe the concept is pretty good. I tried the Droid X port and it was nice, but I still didn't feel comfortable typing on it. I currently have the HTC IME and the Swiftkey keyboards on hand. My preference order is:

Swiftkey
HTC IME
Samsung Keyboard

Samsung would be a tie with HTC IME because of multitouch, but it lags and I have an issue with how it deals with punctuations on its layout.

If you liked SwiftKey i would really recommend you try the TouchPal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones