• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Personal ringtones

jettpax

Lurker
Aug 22, 2011
I'm trying to set personalized ringtones on different people in my list so that when they call, I know who's calling before I look at the phone. I had that feature on my old Ericsson flip phone. It makes sense to me that a more advanced phone should be able to do it too. Can it be done? Is there an app for that?

It's already on your phone, the Contacts/People app. Pick the person you want, hit edit, and there should be an option to set ringtone.

Unfortunately that option isn't on my phone. :( Is there some other way?
I know.. noob questions. It's my first Android and I'm still learning. I wouldn't be asking here if I hadn't looked through every option on my phone that I could find.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to set personalized ringtones on different people in my list so that when they call, I know who's calling before I look at the phone. I had that feature on my old Ericsson flip phone. It makes sense to me that a more advanced phone should be able to do it too. Can it be done? Is there an app for that?

Unfortunately that option isn't on my phone. :( Is there some other way?
I know.. noob questions. It's my first Android and I'm still learning. I wouldn't be asking here if I hadn't looked through every option on my phone that I could find.

As sated earlier, this can be done. What smartphone are you using?

Upvote 0
Ericsson Xperia Play

If you are on the latest firmware. all you do is go to contacts from the app drawer, find the contact you wish to assign the ringtone to.

In the top right hand corner of the screen there is a little pencil icon, which has the word edit underneath it, Tap that.

Scroll down to the bottom there is a drop down list that lets you choose the song you wish to apply to that contact

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones