1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Personalized Wallpaper Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bekac, Dec 26, 2009.

1. bekac

bekac New Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I'm trying to do something super simple. Put a personal picture on my wallpaper. However, whenever I select a photo (regardless of if it is in portrait or landscape) to put as my wallpaper, it #1 forces me to crop to landscape even though it should be portrait to fit the wallpaper and #2 when added to my wallpaper is ultra-zoomed in, way more than the crop it requires me to select in #1. What is going on? This should be super simple to do!

Also, is there a way to save a picture I see online to my albums?

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. jakedagreat

jakedagreat Member

Dec 19, 2009
    When you switch from panel to panel, you notice that the background moves slightly as well. Part of the Sense interface includes this; so extra wallpaper "space" is needed on the left and right of the center of the image. This is why it crops to landscape - it is the only way to get the necessary width in the image to support the left/right moving action.

Possible solution: Take your image, and edit it with photoshop (or similar). Add a bit of space on the left and right.

Hope that helps!

3. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Oh I get what you mean.
    When you apply a wallpaper to your home screen, which isn't as wide as it is tall, it gets magnified, making it look all pixely. That happens, you just have to choose a wallpaper that's wider than it is tall. If it's not wide enough, the phone will automatically magnify it to make it wide enough.
    And when you see a picture you like online, you simply long press with your finger on the picture and click save image.