• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Personalizing message tones on Xperia X10.

I was wondering if it's possible to use personalised tones for email and sms notifications?
If it is, how is it done?
Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer.

I covered this a few months ago as i have now got seperate email, sms, facbook etc tones for everything

Firstly connect you phone to your pc and set the sd card to mount.
Go to my computer and locate your sd card.
If you have already got music on your pc the do the following:-
go to the folder that contains your song that you want for sms tone
right click and copy this file
go to your sd card and select the folder MEDIA. inside media select AUDIO then select NOTIFICATION and copy the file into here.
Disconnect your phone
on your phone go into your messages and press the left nav button to select the settings option
go to noftification tone and press.

find the file that you copied and select it
Hey presto you should have this tone as your sms tone. You can also follow the above and set the tone as email notification (in you email settings) and for anything else that has a notification tone

any probs give us a shout or if you need to know any other way

Reactions: Silverwizard
Upvote 0
I covered this a few months ago as i have now got seperate email, sms, facbook etc tones for everything

Firstly connect you phone to your pc and set the sd card to mount.
Go to my computer and locate your sd card.
If you have already got music on your pc the do the following:-
go to the folder that contains your song that you want for sms tone
right click and copy this file
go to your sd card and select the folder MEDIA. inside media select AUDIO then select NOTIFICATION and copy the file into here.
Disconnect your phone
on your phone go into your messages and press the left nav button to select the settings option
go to noftification tone and press.

find the file that you copied and select it
Hey presto you should have this tone as your sms tone. You can also follow the above and set the tone as email notification (in you email settings) and for anything else that has a notification tone

any probs give us a shout or if you need to know any other way
I thought it should be possible,many thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones