1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Perspiration on Phone...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JJ2525, Aug 16, 2012.

1. JJ2525

JJ2525 Newbie

So I was on a long call in 95 degree weather today and when I got off the phone there was a ton of sweat on it . I wiped it off and now the phone screen is not as smooth, somewhat sticky and swype is being a PITA. Any tips on how to repair? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CAMAN

CAMAN Member

Ummmmmm.....clean the screen?

AnotherFatalEpic and sleedeane like this.
  3. HuskyKMA

HuskyKMA Well-Known Member

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Damp cloth would be easy enough.

4. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Yeah you probably have a salt residue remaining on the screen that is causing the issue.

AnotherFatalEpic likes this.
  5. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Android Enthusiast

Sir, I commend you for the straightforward answer. You pushed through the facepalm moment and did what was honorable. All I could do was LOL.

6. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast

I knew smartphones have brains, but sweating? - haven't come across that ... :D

7. dhworph

dhworph Android Enthusiast

glasses lens cleaner and a microfiber cloth work great, probably computer screen cleaner works fine too --- or a mixture of 50/50 alcohol and distilled water. Hopefully, you have a screen protector on, if not, get one on there asap.

I've had gunk appear on the screen occasionally... usually because I've had a recipe on it while cooking or checking it while eating...

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews