1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Persuade me too change too launcherPro from Stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mcchriswood, Aug 23, 2010.

1. adam1985

adam1985 Member

If you just want to change the dock icons on LP you dont need any other apps as far as i can see all you need to do is long press the dock icon you want then choose change icon > custom icon and then browse to the icon you want.

If you want to change icons attached to home screens as shortcuts then you need to use FolderOrganizer or similer

Advertisement

2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Android Expert

Worth mentioning something here about how I used the TallMin icon set, maybe someone knows a better way.

Using the Market, it's easy to download icon packs and whenever you use an app that allows custom icons (like FolderOrganiser), all the icon packs appear on a list.

But the TallMin pack was downloaded to my PC and I needed to get it to my SD card, which I did. But the pack wouldn't appear on the icon pack list when I wanted to change something. There was no obvious folder on the SD card (using the phone as disc drive via my PC) so I extracted the icon files and copied them to the Downloads folder on my SD card. The Downloads folder DOES appear on the list of locations to look when I want an app to find new icons, so it works.

But surely there's a way to get a downloaded icon pack from my PC to SD card so that it is recognised as an icon pack by FolderOrganiser?

3. mcchriswood

mcchriswood Well-Known Member

Guys sorry too bring this back up but ive found a slight bug tonight after downloading WidgetLocker.
    Basically i have my launcher pro settings set so that when im on my home screen and i press the home button it hides the notification bar (for that cleaner look)
    However sometimes (if pressed a few times) it refuses to bring back the notification bar or take it away for up to a couple of minutes.
    Can someone confirm whether this is widgetlocker causing this or if launcher pro in this particular area is just a little laggy and won't perform it extremely quickly when the home button is tapped
    Thanks

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I can't confirm that. Personally I set the Hide status bar action to a swipe gesture on the App drawer icon, leaving the home button to do the other things it does (helicopter view, back to main screen or Recently used apps).

5. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

Change to launcherpro...go on......GO ONNNNNNN!

(was that convincing enough?) haha

6. mcchriswood

mcchriswood Well-Known Member

How can i do this.
    For when i want that smart clean look i love too be able too hide the status bar.
    I could do it with the home button however since installing widgetlocker it seems to be a little buggy
    Have mailed the dev

7. SUroot

Long press the app drawer icon on the dock and choose swipe gesture. Then select show hide status bar. Next time when. You swipe up on the icon instead of pressing, it will show or hide the status bar

sanchezero likes this.
  8. mightymax

mightymax Newbie

Just want to say thanks for this thread - it convinced me to try out LP once I realised how quick and easy it is to swap between it and Sense. LauncherPro is brilliant!

9. SUroot

110% agree. Its much nicer. Now I don't even bother using Sense ROMS at all, which has opened up a whole new world to me.

10. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert

I found a few widget apps that I can use in LP which replaces the Sense ones, yeah bummer you can't use Sense widgets in other launchers. And LP's built in messaging and calendar widgets are kick butt.

11. SUroot

I prefer to use Jorte Calendar and Pure Messenger widget myself. Not as nice, but more functional than the LP ones. Waiting for an LP friendstream though... That would be great.

12. sookster54

sookster54 Android Expert

Speaking of Folder Organizer, that gave me an inspirational idea, Here's a simple idea I had using LiveHome and Folder Organizer but can't make up my mind on which launcher to use for it (that has iPhone style dockbar).

[​IMG]

Tags: