1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Pete is now making kernels...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lock-N-Load, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Android Expert

I am a big fan of Pete's work. His latest effort is working to make his own kernels.

Right now, he has a 7 slot 1GHZ Low Voltage (LV) available for trial and is looking for input.

I am about to load it up and give it a try. I do prefer something a little faster - like 1.2 - but willing to see what his 1ghz is like.

Advertisement

2. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member

Are you running this successfully on your Froyo build? I get the impression from Pete's pages that his ROMs are gingerbread specific. I'm currently running Pete's FRG83G rooted ROM with Slayher kernel. Not sure I should try Pete's kernels since I'm still Froyo'd.

3. skilaufen

skilaufen Android Enthusiast

His kernels are for GB only. Also he now has a range of clockspeeds to use on his site not just the 1ghz.

Peter Alfonso

4. Lock-N-Load

I got busy and did not try it yet, working on a battery hack instead

his page does say "Label: gingerbread" and "These have not been tested on Froyo ROMs" and " it will work on any Gingerbread ROM" but nothing which technically says they will not work on Froyo per se.

easy too test, just load his kernel of choice on your SD card plus keep your fav current kernel on your card as well and then flash his... if his fails, reboot back into recovery (power + x) and reflash the one you know works... easy test

5. icecold

icecold Android Enthusiast

I have been using Chevy's GB kernels on the stock version of 2.2.1 without any issues. So, it is worth a shot to try Pete's on Froyo.

6. Lock-N-Load

trying it will harm nothing

the key is to just keep your fav kernel also on your SD card so if Pete's kernel pukes on Froyo ROMs, you can roll right back to your working kernel by booting right into Recovery and not miss a beat