• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Pete is now making kernels...

Are you running this successfully on your Froyo build? I get the impression from Pete's pages that his ROMs are gingerbread specific. I'm currently running Pete's FRG83G rooted ROM with Slayher kernel. Not sure I should try Pete's kernels since I'm still Froyo'd.

His kernels are for GB only. Also he now has a range of clockspeeds to use on his site not just the 1ghz.

Peter Alfonso

Upvote 0
Are you running this successfully on your Froyo build? I get the impression from Pete's pages that his ROMs are gingerbread specific. I'm currently running Pete's FRG83G rooted ROM with Slayher kernel. Not sure I should try Pete's kernels since I'm still Froyo'd.

I got busy and did not try it yet, working on a battery hack instead

his page does say "Label: gingerbread" and "These have not been tested on Froyo ROMs" and " it will work on any Gingerbread ROM" but nothing which technically says they will not work on Froyo per se.

easy too test, just load his kernel of choice on your SD card plus keep your fav current kernel on your card as well and then flash his... if his fails, reboot back into recovery (power + x) and reflash the one you know works... easy test

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones