• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Peter Alfonso: Stock Rooted Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3) ROM Update GPA15

Am I the only one who had phone issues with GPA15? I made probably 9 different calls, and on each of them I couldn't hear a dial tone, or the person on the other line. I quickly recovered my UD 3.3 flash and everything worked perfect. Damn bugs.

EDIT: Found the fix on Peter's site. If you encounter the problem, simply restart your phone. So simple right? I should've thought of that...

Upvote 0
I've been running 15 for several days now, and the stock kernel was meh... so I went back to the 1.1gig LV kernel of his I was running with 14, and all is better now. Still cant get my netflix to work though, it doesnt seem to like my login/password combo that works just fine on the netflix website.

Hmm, curiously enough, I just realized that docking my phone, or usb connect of any kind, gives me no options to enable/disable mass storage more or debugging. As a matter of fact there is no USB notification bar at all when docked, and I can't for the life of me find an option to enable/disable it in settings. All good, I was going to try flashing chevy's SS to show a friend but I guess I'll go to bed now :D

Upvote 0
I've been running 15 for several days now, and the stock kernel was meh... so I went back to the 1.1gig LV kernel of his I was running with 14, and all is better now. Still cant get my netflix to work though, it doesnt seem to like my login/password combo that works just fine on the netflix website.

Hmm, curiously enough, I just realized that docking my phone, or usb connect of any kind, gives me no options to enable/disable mass storage more or debugging. As a matter of fact there is no USB notification bar at all when docked, and I can't for the life of me find an option to enable/disable it in settings. All good, I was going to try flashing chevy's SS to show a friend but I guess I'll go to bed now :D

Can't you just use wifi to get the SS rom zip?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones