1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Petes moto root tool issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skora, Nov 5, 2011.

1. skora

skora Newbie
    None

May 27, 2011
    Okay, I'm trying to do the root thing on my D2G with the OTA 2.3.3 update. Downloaded the moto drivers and installed. Check. Downloaded and extracted Pete's. Check. Run "Root my phone." Finds the phone, runs step one of exploit. Reboots. But all that comes up is a screen that says:

Bootloader
    D0.11

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

And that's where it sits doing nothing. When it reboots, the USB connection is broken and I hear the disconnect followed by a reconnect audible notification. Any help or direction would be helpful.

I can pull the battery and boot up normal if the USB cable is unplugged. Not sure what I exactly Its good that its not bricked.

NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to unplug the USB cable start the reboot, and when the Motorola insignia came up, plug it back in. Finished the root after doing it 4 times and I have SU installed now. If a mod thinks this is just filling up space, delete the thread, if it might help someone else, leave it be. I'm rooted now, what do I care.

The other thing I think I messed up that's not in all the guides, make sure the phone is in Charge Only mode instead of USB mass drive.

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    its actually said to be in charge only mode on the post that the root/unroot tool is on.

if not, i apologize and we shall correct it.