• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Petition for htc to update wildfire s after last update caused numerous problems

Liamo_210

Android Expert
Apr 30, 2011
Ireland
Since updating in July I have encountered issues with my device and I know others have aswell.
The main problem is it constantly worse reboots and this is becoming worse by the day. This seems to happen more often when browsing.My phone has also begun to frezze and overheat wich never happens prior to the update.

I am outraged with HTC as they have not even issued a statemet saying they are trying to fix the problem even though its reccomended you update your handset. Feal free to state new problems you have encountered since the update below.

Other users such as kevm66 have encountered problems with this update.He recently posted this complaint in another thread.

Hi, I havehad someissues with my handset since updating and want to know if anybody else is experiencing these issues also.

Since the HTC Wildfire S was released May 2011 I have received 3 OTA System Updates. (My handset was purchased unlocked from Vodafone Ireland and has never been rooted or had the OS customized/tampered with. All updateswere through the "Software Update" option.)

I received the 1st update in November 2011 which, as everyone knows, upgraded the handset from android 2.3.3 to android 2.3.5 and added the Sense 3 lock screen. This update also included many bug fixes and performance improvements, as stated. (Changed "IMEI" to "SV 02")

In April 2012, I received the 2nd update, which stated that it was a performance and stability update. (Changed "IMEI" to "SV 03" and changed "Softwareno"to "2.26.161.1") However after updating, I noticed no new features but many new bugs and issues. These included:

Much higher battery temperatures (pre-update: around 25 *C, post-update: around 35 - 45 *C), Notifications not showing on lock screen (eg. how many unread messages over the "messages app" shortcut), increase in force closing of apps, other performance and stability bugs.

In July 2012, I received the 3rd (and most recent) update, which stated thesamenew features& performance improvements as the 2nd update. (Changed "IMEI" to "SV04" and changed "Softwareno"to "2.26.161.2") The results were also identical to the 2nd update and the only thing that changed is the Softwareno. from 2.26.161.1 to 2.26.161.2.

Clearly these updates were not an improvement. After several Factory Resets/Formats and contacting HTC support I still have reached no resolution for these problems. HTC support said to send it for repair but I want to know if anybody else has the same problems 1st .

This proves the update has corrupted the software. I propose everyone likes and replies to this post until we get enough people so HTC update are beloved phones.Repliy to the post so i can add your name to the petition

THANKS TO KEVM66 FOR THE USE OF HIS POST IT'S FOR THE BEST.
Thanks to everyone in advance for the help

NAMES: Liam

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones