• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

petrol app

PabloEscobar

May 23, 2010
Ive seen two apps recently mentioned on lifehacker, aCar and DriverDiary - both for tracking the maintenance of your car and your petrol stats and stuff to do with your car. Lifehacker has not dont compared the two either.

my question is...which driver app do you use to track the mpg and petrol of your car and the general maintenance of your car?

please share your apps and views on them :)

Been using aCar since I bought my phone a year ago. Works fine. It does scheduled backups to my card, and between that and Titanium, I don't have any worries about losing any car records when I flash a new ROM. However, I haven't tried any other mileage apps (no need, this one does everything I want), so can't compare aCar with others.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am the author of DriverDiary. I urge you to at least try out DriverDiary and see if it fits your needs. If there are features you need that aren't yet in the app, I am definitely open to suggestions and any feedback to make DriverDiary better. There are also several features already in development and more in the queue.

DriverDiary is the first and, currently, the only vehicle tracking app that can sync your data to/from a remote server and also between multiple devices in the Pro version. The free version is also a full working version that doesn't impose any limits on the number of records or vehicles you can have nor does it limit the ability of the included features like importing and exporting data.

You can view all of DriverDiary's features in another thread on this site.
http://androidforums.com/application-announcements/340122-app-driverdiary-1-6-0-a.html#post2715523

Thank you,
Ed

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones