1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phablet rejects SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Installing apps on SD, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Installing apps on SD

None
    So, I recently found an older phone which appears to be in great condition to use, however outdated. I would like to be able to install apps on this phone to keep myself occupied, however it appears to have a big storage problem. I was able to install a few apps before I got the "Your SD card is running out of space" even when trying to take pictures. I still have around 11 GB free on my 16 GB SD card, and I was able to use the same one PERFECTLY a few years ago on a very lame Samsung which might not deserve to be called a smartphone. But, this phone just rejects my SD card. I actually went and bought a 32 GB Kingston SD, with the same problem. I downloaded a tool "Apps2SD" from the Play store, but of course in order to install a 2.44 MB app I had to uninstall Viber. I was only able to move 3 apps and that's it. I have tried to try (indeed, tried to try) a method with the Android studio, however it was an old post and the interface has changed a lot. Can somebody please teach me how to make apps install on my SD card? If not, that's a shame, meaning I can't use 2 SD cards on a phablet.

Device: Archos 64 Xenon

Android: 4.2.2

Please suggest any method and provide info/links on how to acquire the needed software etc.

Advertisement

2. JustSomeDude11

None

Jul 20, 2016
    Male
    Just realized I posted the question without logging in. I wanted to add: "Such an outdated device is not what I carry around, I just think it would be nice to put a device I bought a while back to use, since it can still handle the apps I can install perfectly."