1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Phandroid app processor hog

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by t-readyroc, Jul 14, 2012.

1. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Phone seemed sluggish, so checked OSMonitor: CPU usage at 75-85%, & the Phandroid app is the majority of it :thinking: So I checked the logs, & the top entry is from the Phandroid app:
    Code (Text):
    1. onReceive intent: Intent {act=com.blau.android.phandroidnews.news.ACTION_TOGGLE_WIDGET flg=0x14 cmp=com.blau.android.phandroidnews/.news.NewsTimeoutReceiver (has extras)}
    I tried killing the process a couple of times, but it came right back.That process is sitting at 64% right now. Going to try a reboot.

Advertisement

2. t-readyroc

Reboot seems to have solved it. Might be worth checking out that function for bugs, though.

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It's a known issue with the app unfortunately, it's not been updated in an age and I don't think there are plans to update any time soon either, sorry.

We now support tapatalk and Forum Runner if you fancy giving either of those a try?

4. t-readyroc

Ah ok. I did a forum search & didn't find anything, so I posted. Too bad about the app; especially since both alternatives are pay-for. Guess I'll have to look into them.

Thanks for the info.

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    No problem, tapa was free on GetJar for a while, might be worth making that your first port of call. :)