1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phantom alarm keeps going off fter deletion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kilinrax, Dec 27, 2013.

1. kilinrax

kilinrax Lurker

Festive greetings to everyone. I have a problem with the alarm on my Nexus 7 v2, which I've tried to switch off over the holidays, but it keeps going off every morning. This is what I've tried so far, in order (one per day):

• Setting the alarms to 'inactive' via the sliders
    • Deleting the alarms
    • Clearing the data for all apps that might still have them cached (Clock, Timely, Dashclock, Sleep as an Android)
    • Deleting Timely and Sleep as an Android
    • Setting the alarm volume to zero in Clock
    • Disabling Clock
    I have read through the two other threads I've found here describing similar (though not identical) issues, and am at a loss as to what else try. The alarm extension for Dashclock still shows that the alarm is set, though if I click on it to open Clock it says there are none defined.

Please can someone help; I'd been hoping to catch up on some much-needed sleep over the break, and this is driving me spare. I don't really want to have to factory reset the tablet and fence it on eBay, but short of switching it off and leaving it in a soundproof box each night, this currently seems like my best option.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews